DLP® high-definition Television Models:
- C Series: WD-73C8
- 735 Series: WD-60735, WD-65735, WD-73735
- 736 Series: WD-65736, WD-73736
- 835 Series: WD-65835, WD-73835
The light source for this television models is a lamp, which is part of a lamp cartridge assembly. The life of the lamp can vary, based on the lamp itself, the air temperature around the TV while it is operating, the selected lamp mode, and your viewing patterns. Warmer air or poor ventilation shorten the lamp life, as does use of the Bright lamp mode and turning the television on and off frequently. Mitsubishi warrants the lamp for one (1) year from the date of original purchase at retail. It is likely that the lamp will last much longer than this.
How to replace the Mitsubishi TV lamp
Mitsibishi lamp part number 915B403001 for televisions above
Removing the Old Lamp Cartridge
- Turn off TV power and allow the lamp to cool for at least one hour before proceeding.
- After the lamp has cooled, remove the cover of the lamp compartment, located on the back of the TV. Refer to figures 1 and 2. Use a (large) Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screw securing the cover. Keep the screw and cover for re-installation.
- With a large Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two shiny screws securing the lamp cartridge until they disengage from the mating threads. These are captive screws and cannot be separated from the lamp cartridge.
- Fully open the bag supplied with the replacement lamp and set the opened bag aside.
- Gently grasp the handle of the lamp cartridge and pull the old cartridge straight out. See figure 3. CAUTION: Do not tilt or rotate the cartridge, as small glass fragments may fall out.
- Without tilting or putting down the lamp cartridge, insert it into the opened bag. Close the bag while being careful not to let any glass particles fall out.
Installing the New Lamp Cartridge
- Do not touch the glass parts of the new lamp cartridge. Insert the new cartridge into the TV in the same orientation as the old cartridge. Push on the cartridge housing until it is fully seated.
- With either your fingers or the screwdriver, gently tighten the two shiny screws. If using a screwdriver, AVOID OVERTIGHTENING!
- Replace the plastic cover and retaining screws.
- WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUGHLY
Lamp-Cartridge Filter Cleaning (VIDEO LINK)
If the TV shuts off after displaying the message “TV will shut down in a few seconds. Please check if the air flow is blocked ” and/or the STATUS LED is yellow, the air filter may need cleaning. The air filter is part of the lamp cartridge. Use the following procedure to clean the filter:
- Remove the lamp cartridge from the TV as described under “Removing the Old Lamp Cartridge.” Do not tilt or rotate the cartridge. Do not touch the glass parts of the lamp cartridge.
- Holding the lamp cartridge horizontal (do not tilt or rotate), use a soft dry brush or vacuum cleaner to remove any dust that may be present on the mesh filter. Do not use liquids.
- Reinstall the lamp cartridge as described
Leave a Reply